"THE BALL OUT" is an ALIFE/Reebok Court Victory Pump, fabricated by hand entirely out of tennis ball felt.
There were only 82 pairs made, and Reebok reps say plans aren't in the works to produce more.
An original ALIFE design, "THE BALL OUT" is the first of three products to be born from a collaborative relationship between ALIFE and Reebok.
Didn't get your pair...go check it out on eBay.
Implications - The North American market place is saturated with overly similar product designs. As such, consumers are growing disinterested with goods which don't incorporate some sort of novel design elements. Similar to this tennis ball-inspired sneaker, products that utilize unusual textiles will reinvigorate consumer interest in a company's existing product line.
1. Unusual Textile Products - Incorporating unusual textiles into product designs can reinvigorate consumer interest.
2. Novel Design Elements - Consumers are seeking goods with unique and innovative design elements.
3. Disinterest in Similar Designs - Consumers are growing tired of overly similar product designs.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can explore incorporating unusual textiles into their products.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry can leverage unique design elements to stand out.
3. Consumer Goods - Companies in the consumer goods industry can differentiate themselves by offering products with novel design elements.