The 2009 edition of the prestigious Pirelli Calendar has just been released.
The shoot, which includes only women, took place in a remote area called Okavango Delta, located in the Southern African country of Botswana. Famed fashion photographer Peter Beard was given the assignment by Pirelli this year.
I usually frown upon these sort of things because I feel that these fashion shoots in so-called “exotic” and semi-remote areas interfere with human and animal habitats.
Having said that, the collection of photos, many of which could not be displayed here, is really exceptional as we are given a glimpse of the stunning natural beauty of the Okavango Delta.
The models gracing this year’s calendar are Rianne Ten Haken, Malgosia Bela, Mariacarla Boscono, Isabeli Fontana, Kemp Muhl, and Daria Werbowy.
The list of celebrities and uber models that have previously been featured in Pirelli’s annual calendar include Gisele Bundchen, Naomi Campbell, Agyness Deyn, Kate Moss, Jennifer Lopez, Hilary Swank, and Sophia Loren.
Pirelli's ‘Africa' 2009
1. Remote Fashion Shoots - There is an opportunity to explore the trend of conducting fashion shoots in remote and exotic locations, which can showcase the beauty of these areas while minimizing the impact on human and animal habitats.
2. Natural Beauty Photography - The trend of capturing and celebrating the stunning natural beauty of locations like the Okavango Delta presents an opportunity for photographers and artists to create visually captivating content.
3. Exclusive Calendars - The popularity of prestigious and limited-edition calendars like the Pirelli Calendar demonstrates the demand for exclusive and collectible products in the market.
1. Fashion Photography - Fashion photographers can explore the disruptive innovation opportunity of organizing shoots in remote and exotic locations, creating unique and visually engaging content.
2. Travel and Tourism - The trend of showcasing natural beauty through photography in remote areas can have a positive impact on the travel and tourism industry, attracting visitors to these destinations.
3. Luxury Goods - The demand for exclusive and collectible calendars like Pirelli's can be leveraged by luxury goods manufacturers to create limited-edition products that cater to discerning customers.