'ESA' by Gonçalo Campos is a series of furniture by a young up-and-coming Portuguese designer. ESA can be used as a seat, table or rack, depending on how it is configured and uses only a scarf to keep all of its wooden components together.
The floral scarf that keep ESA by Gonçalo Campos together acts as a pretty decoration to the rather simple, natural wood pieces. I'm not sure how sturdy ESA is, but experimentation is half the fun-just don't put anything too delicate or breakable on top.
Esa by Goncalo Campos Doesn't Need Nails or Glue to Stand Up
1. Versatile Furniture - Opportunity for designers to create multi-functional furniture pieces using minimal materials and innovative assembly techniques.
2. Sustainable Design - A chance to incorporate sustainable materials and methods into furniture design and production, reducing waste, carbon footprint and costs.
3. Fashion & Interiors - The merging of fashion and interior design, with opportunities to incorporate fabrics, patterns and textures in furniture design.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Manufacturers can explore new techniques for creating sturdy and multi-functional furniture pieces using minimal materials and resources.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate sustainable and visually appealing furniture pieces made from innovative materials into residential or commercial spaces.
3. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can extend their focus to create textiles that can be used in furniture design, allowing for unique patterns and collaborations between fashion and design.