Sony Ericsson has announced two new compact versions of its Xperia 10 mobile phone—the Xperia X10 mini and X10 Mini Pro—at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Both of these mobiles will run the Android operating system. X10 Mini Pro includes a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, while X10 Mini is a simple touchscreen phone.
Both of these mobiles are equipped with features like a 5 megapixel camera, an organizer, video player, location-based services like Google Maps, GPS and Wisepilot, a music player, messaging facilities, webkit browsers. Sony Ericsson is planning to release the X10 Mini Pro and X10 Mini in the second quarter of 2010.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini and the X10 Mini Pro
1. Compact Mobile Phones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing smaller, more portable mobile phones with advanced features.
2. Android Operating System - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new applications and services specifically tailored for the Android operating system.
3. QWERTY Keyboards on Mobile Phones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improving the design and functionality of slide-out QWERTY keyboards for enhanced user experience.
1. Mobile Phone Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating innovative features and design elements into mobile phone manufacturing processes.
2. Mobile App Development - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Capitalizing on the growing demand for Android-compatible applications and developing unique, user-friendly apps.
3. Mobile Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating innovative accessories that complement and enhance the functionality of compact mobile phones.