These wristbands are embedded with emotional technology to inform marketers about the real feelings of consumers. From UK-based XOX, the biometric bracelets are designed to determine the crowd's reaction in real-time.
The wearable tech contains numerous sensors that measure biometrics like body temperature, breathing and heartbeat. During a trial at the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase 2014, with emotional technology wrapped around their wrists, wearers watched ad reels while their reactions were collected and amalgamated into a real-time visualization. The wristbands also have LED lights that change color depending on the wearer's feelings.
This technology would be particularly relevant to event organizers. This kind of information would be very valuable to marketers, but consumer incentives aren't as easy to ascertain.
XOX's Emotional Technology Takes the Form of a Biometric Wristband
1. Emotional Sensing Wearables - Opportunity to develop wearables for empathetic event experiences and market research.
2. Real-time Consumer Insights - Opportunity to collect and analyze real-time consumer emotional response data.
3. Personalized Marketing - Opportunity to use emotional response data for more personalized and effective marketing campaigns.
1. Event Planning - Opportunity for event planners to use emotional response data for designing immersive experiences.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketers to use real-time emotional response data for more effective ad campaigns.
3. Wearable Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop more advanced emotional sensing wearable devices.