The ELLE Vietnam 'Floral Dreams' editorial is full of exotic whimsy. Although it may look like it was shot in some sort of hidden paradise, the wooden boats do appear to be traditionally Vietnamese. Nevertheless, the boaters are far from the ragged merchants that usually steer them. Instead, they look like gorgeous water nymphs taking a vacation from the blue depths of their home.
Shot by photographer Bobby Nguyen, the ELLE Vietnam 'Floral Dreams' editorial stars models Yuehan, Jin Chen Hong and Jay Shin. Appearing in the January 2013 issue of the magazine, they were each romantic outfits in shades of aqua blue, earthy green and immaculate white. Styled by Phuong My, the wardrobes featured a selection of Giorgio Armani, Prabal Gurung, Bottega Veneta and more. Hairstylist Stefano Galati and makeup artist Daria Slusarczyk perfected the looks.
The ELLE Vietnam 'Floral Dreams' Editorial is Exotic and Serene
1. Exotic-editorials - There is an opportunity for fashion designers and photographers to capture the beauty of exotic destinations and cultures in their editorials.
2. Water-nymph Fashion - There is a chance for designers to come up with water nymph fashion incorporating flowing dresses, aquatic colored fabrics and accessories.
3. Hair-makeup Styling - There is an opportunity for hair and makeup artists to experiment with enhancing features of different skin tones for editorials.
1. Fashion Design Industry - Fashion designers have the potential for disruptive innovation by taking inspiration from unique locations and cultures to create high fashion collections.
2. Photography Industry - There is an opportunity for photographers to create visually stunning and culturally inspiring editorials by exploring unique settings and stories.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics Industry - Hair and makeup artists can disrupt the industry by utilizing techniques that highlight features of different skin tones making exotic cultures more accessible through beauty and cosmetics.