Popular Lebanese designer Elie Saab's latest Fall / Winter couture collection seems to take inspiration from medieval costumes with a chic edgy princess theme. The collection is stunning featuring intricate bead work and embroidery that speaks to Saab's careful attention to detail and feminine design.
Saab is most known for his elegant couture grows that are encompass traditional feminine silhouettes with form-fitting designs, elegant cut outs and flowy skirts. The Fall Winter collection includes Saab's popular embroidery along the bust line on elegant silk gold, burgundy and rich purple fabrics. Plunging necklines, crown-like headbands and gold bangles complete the regale look.
With the rise of archaic television shows such as Game of Thrones and Reign in pop culture, fashions are seeing a revival in period styles made anew with a modern twist.
Elie Saab's Latest Dress Collection Channels a Dark Princess Mystic
1. Revival of Medieval Fashions - Designers have the opportunity to create modern interpretations of traditional medieval costumes, such as with Elie Saab's latest Fall/Winter collection.
2. Intricate Bead Work and Embroidery - There is growing demand for intricate and unique bead work and embroidery in fashion, as seen in Elie Saab's latest collection.
3. Pop Culture-inspired Fashion - With shows like Game of Thrones and Reign, there is a growing market for fashion inspired by historical television shows and movies.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The fashion industry should consider incorporating traditional elements such as ornate embroidery and period-inspired designs to attract consumers interested in regal, medieval styles.
2. Television and Film - Television and film studios have the opportunity to collaborate with fashion designers and capitalize on the growing trend of period-inspired designs seen in popular shows and movies like Game of Thrones and Reign.
3. Jewelry and Accessories - Designers of jewelry and accessories should consider incorporating crown-like headbands and gold bangles to align with the regal, medieval look that is growing in popularity.