Shortlisted for the James Dyson Award, this invention will make you rethink the common electric kettle. The Miito was designed by Danish design studio Chudy and Grase. Rather than having an element at the bottom of the electric kettle that heats the water inside of it, the Miito consists of a magnetic rod and induction base that allows you to efficiently boil water in any vessel.
To use, simple place your cup or container on top of the base and insert the rod so it's immersed. When the rod touches the bottom of the glass near the inductive platform, heat can be conducted.
In addition to its creative design, Leyla Acaroglu notes "one day of extra energy use [from overfilling electric kettles] is enough to light all the streetlights in England for a night."
The Miito Boils the Precise Amount of Water You Need in Any Vessel
1. Energy-efficient Appliances - The Miito's innovative design reduces energy consumption by only boiling the precise amount of water needed, presenting opportunities for energy-efficient appliance manufacturers.
2. Smart Kitchen Technology - Miito's induction base technology opens up possibilities for integrating smart features into kitchen appliances, creating opportunities for companies in the smart home industry.
3. Sustainable Design - Miito's eco-conscious approach to boiling water challenges traditional electric kettles, providing opportunities for sustainable product designers to rethink everyday household appliances.
1. Appliance Manufacturing - Appliance manufacturers can explore new product lines by incorporating efficient induction base technology seen in the Miito electric kettle redesign.
2. Smart Home Technology - The integration of induction base technology from the Miito presents opportunities for companies in the smart home industry to develop innovative kitchen appliances.
3. Product Design - The Miito's sustainable design philosophy encourages product designers to reimagine the functionality and energy efficiency of household appliances, creating opportunities for sustainable design-focused companies.