Sotheby's unveils its upcoming The Now evening auction that is going to spotlight the late designer Virgil Abloh with the EFFLORESCENCE Series.
It was originally showcased in Paris back in 2019 -- once speaking about Sotheby's, Abloh states that “To me, design always has the inherent idea of being a bridge from the past, with an eye towards the future.” The auction is set to kick off in New York at 6 pm Eastern Standard Time on May 18th. The iconic desk is the most notable item that is to be anticipated. It has a cream base foundation and the perforated signature detail along with blue graffiti-like designs over the bottom section of the desk.
Image Credit: Virgil Abloh, Sotheby's
Sotheby's is Set to Auction Virgil Abloh's EFFLORESCENCE Desk
1. Designer Art Desk Auctions - Auctions of designer-made art desks are gaining popularity and could disrupt the traditional art market.
2. Virtual Art Auctions - Increased interest in virtual art auctions due to the pandemic could lead to disruptive innovations in online bidding platforms.
3. Celebrity Designers - The rising popularity of celebrity-designed furniture pieces presents innovation opportunities for brands and designers to collaborate with celebrities and explore new markets.
1. Art Auctions - Art auction houses could explore partnerships with designer brands to create unique art pieces that cater to the growing demand for designer-made furniture.
2. Furniture Design - Furniture designers could leverage partnerships with celebrities and auction houses to create unique pieces that cater to the growing demand for celebrity-designed furniture.
3. Online Auction Platforms - The increasing demand for online art auctions presents innovation opportunities for online auction platforms to enhance their bidding processes and provide a seamless virtual auction experience.