The modern world offers a stunning array of man-made islands, but although most of the focus has been on Dubai, Spain, Tokyo and Russia, another gorgeous paradise named Eden Island resides in the Seychelles archipelago region in the Indian Ocean.
While the man-made islands most people think of are like big communities that feel like small countries, Eden Island is a more private escape for the most affluent seekers of privacy. The beaches are secluded and the marina is capable of harboring some of the world's most enormous luxury yachts so you can cruise in and out in style.
"Eden Island is a 99-acre residential marina development that sports a minimum of 480 luxury freehold apartments, mansions and private villas,' according to IntListings.com. "Homes are spacious, with large verandas and high-pitched red roofs. They feature breathtaking views over mountains, ocean, forests and nearby islands like Cerf and Ste. Anne."
1. Private Luxury Islands - Opportunity to create more private, exclusive man-made islands for affluent individuals seeking privacy.
2. Residential Marina Development - Chances for creating more marina developments in the middle of the ocean that cater primarily to high-end investors and yacht owners.
3. Nature-inspired Architecture - Opportunities to leverage architecture that integrates with the natural surroundings in man-made island developments.
1. Luxury Real Estate Development - Developers can capitalize on the trend of private, exclusive man-made islands by building more residential compounds that offer high-end amenities, privacy and exclusivity.
2. Yacht Manufacturing - The growth of marina developments like Eden Island opens opportunities for yacht manufacturers to build bigger and more luxurious yachts to cater to high-end yacht owners.
3. Sustainable Architecture - There are opportunities to create man-made island developments that harmoniously blend with natural surroundings through the use of eco-friendly designs and renewable energy sources.