Timberland has just opened its first eco-friendly store in New York City.
The new Timberland store is entirely carbon neutral. The interior of the store has an earthy feel with its wood decor, salvaged brick and other recycled materials.
The NYC Timberland store also uses non-VOC paints and efficient lighting to keep the shoppers happy and healthy.
Implications - Corporate social responsibility has become an important factor that consumers now look for in a company. Corporations that align themselves with social movements such as the green shift open a communication and connection to those consumers who are concerned about the environment. By redesigning stores to be eco-concious, consumers will be attracted to visit and see.
Timberland Opens Super-Green Store in NYC
1. Eco-concious Retail - In an ever-increasing environmentally conscious society, eco-concious retail will continue to grow significantly.
2. Carbon-neutral Buildings - Carbon-Neutral buildings are a significant trend that provides business opportunities for construction and architectural companies.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility - Corporate Social Responsibility is a growing trend that provides businesses with a connection to conscientious customers and an opportunity to promote sustainability.
1. Retail Industry - Retailers can gain significant benefits by investing in green technologies to reduce their carbon footprint and attract environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Construction Industry - The construction industry is seeing a rise in demand for sustainable and energy-efficient buildings, leading to new opportunities in eco-friendly building materials and practices.
3. Architectural Industry - Architects can capitalize on the growing trend of sustainable and energy-efficient building designs by incorporating eco-friendly features into their building plans.