"Every year, in the UK, 900,000 tonnes of textiles are thrown into landfills. Worn Again believes some things are just too good to go to waste...
Since 2003, Terra Plana have been making good-looking eco-friendly shoes, in the UK, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Morocco and Mexico - always looking for pioneering new ways of producing them. And Anti-Apathy have been finding ever more entertaining, satisfying and intriguing ways to build social and environmental enterprises.
One hot evening in Spring 2004, in a crowded nightclub, AA and TP met, fell in love and decided to make shoes together. Shoes for people who want good-looking feet, without a guilty conscience.
Anti-Apathy have always looked for new ways of working that could improve labour standards, help deal with climate change and address issues of global trade and sustainability. Worn Again is a way of trying to fit all of that work into a shoe. A beautiful, sexy, guilt-free shoe."
1. Eco-friendly Footwear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry by incorporating sustainable materials and manufacturing processes.
2. Circular Fashion - Potential for disruptive innovation by creating a closed-loop system for textile recycling in the fashion industry.
3. Social and Environmental Enterprises - Disruptive innovation opportunities in developing business models that focus on addressing labor standards, climate change, and sustainability.
1. Footwear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry by incorporating sustainable materials and manufacturing processes.
2. Fashion - Potential for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by creating a closed-loop system for textile recycling.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the space of social and environmental enterprises, focusing on labor standards, climate change, and sustainability.