Durable helmets are especially important in preventing injuries during daily commutes and they are absolutely necessary for urban areas with dense traffic. That being said, American cycling brand Bontrager recently released the 'WaveCel' which is a product that is expected to be "48 times more likely to prevent concussions than standard foam versions."
For the incredibly durable helmet, Bontrager uses a special shock-absorbing material that is held to be "the most advanced helmet technology ever designed." In developing the product, Bontrager took into consideration the typical falling manner of riders. The durable helmet has a responsive cell structure that "bends to absorb some of the frictional force" and then effectively disperses it throughout, lessening the impact in a specific area of the skull.
Bontrager's 'WaveCel' Bike Helmet Uses Cutting-Edge Technology
1. Advanced Helmet Technology - Opportunity for developing cutting-edge materials and designs for shock-absorbing helmets with superior impact protection.
2. Concussion Prevention - Opportunity to create innovative helmet technologies that significantly reduce the risk of concussions compared to standard foam versions.
3. Responsive Cell Structure - Opportunity to explore responsive cell structures that can bend and absorb frictional force, improving impact absorption in helmets.
1. Sporting Goods - Innovation potential in the sporting goods industry for companies to develop high-performance helmets for various sports with advanced shock-absorbing technology.
2. Cycling - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the cycling industry to create durable helmets that provide superior impact protection and reduce the risk of concussions.
3. Safety Equipment - Opportunity to revolutionize the safety equipment industry by developing next-generation helmets with responsive cell structures to minimize the risk of head injuries.