With Kanye's Yeezy collection only increasing in popularity and buzz-worthiness, the success of the adidas Yeezy Duck Boot at New York Fashion Week added to the fashion-following's excitement. The winter boot is rugged and, in fact, looks quite functional for cold weather, wind and snow -- minus the fact that suede tends to get ruined by such natural elements.
The Duck Boot laces up high, sporting an industrial look that resembles footwear that fashion-forward construction workers or army men might wear. The colorway is a natural beige, with a thick gummed sole that boosts the wearer's height the same way Kanye's 'Boosts' do the same.
Kanye's adidas Yeezy Duck Boot Has a Rugged While Fashion-Forward Look
1. Functional Aesthetic - There is an opportunity for fashion designers and manufacturers to capture the appeal of combining functionality and aesthetics in their products.
2. Rugged Industrial Design - There is an expanding market for rugged industrial fashion as more people are interested in durable and functional products.
3. Elevated Boosted Soles - The trend for elevated soles is expanding beyond athletic shoes and into other footwear categories, presenting an opportunity for manufacturers to experiment with new designs.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - Footwear manufacturers can leverage the trend for functional aesthetic to create durable and fashionable footwear for everyday wear or specialized industries.
2. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore rugged industrial design trends through functional fashion that caters to outdoor enthusiasts or people who want fashion with longevity in mind.
3. Outdoor Apparel Industry - The outdoor apparel industry can use the trend for rugged design in clothing and footwear, creating products that cater to outdoor enthusiasts who prioritize fashion and durability.