Baking blog 'Sugarcrafter' has just posted a deliciously geeky recipe for Dr. Who cupcakes. As British sci-fi fans already know, this time travelling program recently reached its 50th anniversary, and these tasty treats were created to celebrate. These sugary blue cupcakes are decorated in a way that's guaranteed to please fans of the show.
These sweet sci-fi desserts have a jam filling in the center, and have Dr. Who themed tops. Some of the cupcakes seen here have tiny blue phone booths on top of them. Others have the letters "DW" written on top in white icing. These are the perfect treats to eat while watching this cult classic sci-fi program.
While there are quite a few ingredients involved in the making of these Dr. Who cupcakes, it's still not as complicated as time travel.
These Dr. Who Cupcakes Were Made For the Shows 50th Anniversary
1. Geeky Baked Goods - The trend of baking and sharing geeky treats has created a disruptive innovation opportunity for bakeries to create unique and personalized merchandise.
2. Fan-centric Edible Merchandise - The trend of creating popular fan culture inspired merchandise, especially edible merchandise, can be an opportunity for innovative businesses to increase revenue.
3. Sci-fi Anniversary Celebrations - The trend of celebrating milestones in popular science fiction franchises can be a source of revenue for entertainment companies, as well as bakeries and catering services.
1. Bakery - The bakery industry can tap into the trend of geeky baked goods and create unique, fan-inspired desserts and merchandise to attract new customers.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the trend of sci-fi anniversary celebrations by partnering with businesses such as bakeries, catering services, and merchandise creators to create special events and limited edition merchandise to mark these milestone anniversaries.
3. Merchandising - The trend of fan-centric edible merchandise can be a source of revenue for innovative merchandising businesses who can deliver creative and unique fan-inspired products.