This DIY bag tutorial creatively uses dye that is activated by the sun to reveal an image of your choice. With the help of Lumi’s Inkodye, this DIY bag tutorial will help you create a customizable and crafty bag featuring a print that was entirely activated by the sun.
To create this homemade, sun-activated purse, all you need is a negative—also known as ‘desaturated’—image of your choice printed onto transparent paper. Select the fabric you’d like to transfer the image onto and use the Lumi Inkodye in your choice of color and blot the dye onto the transparent image so that the color transfers onto the fabric. To activate the color in the Inkodye, leave the printed fabric in the sun for several minutes and watch the dye begin to show pigment. Feel free to sew the fabric print onto a purse, pouch or even a t-shirt.
This DIY Bag Tutorial Uses Inkodye and the Sun to Naturally Dye a Purse
1. Sun-activated Dye - The trend of using sun-activated dye for DIY projects can disrupt the consumer goods industry by providing customizable, eco-friendly and affordable alternatives to traditional mass-produced products.
2. Printable Image Transfer - The trend of using printable image transfer for DIY projects can disrupt the textile industry by providing new opportunities for customization, personalization, and self-expression for consumers.
3. Sustainable Fashion - The trend of sustainable fashion can disrupt the fashion industry by promoting eco-friendly, ethical, and socially responsible practices and products.
1. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can explore the trend of sun-activated dye to provide more customizable, sustainable, and affordable products for consumers.
2. Textile - The textile industry can explore the trend of printable image transfer to offer unique, personalized, and creative products to consumers, and enhance their value proposition.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry can adopt sustainable practices and products, including sun-activated dye and natural dyes, to reduce their environmental impact and cater to the growing demand for eco-friendly fashion among consumers.