Ditto is an online web platform that allows you to browse through people's goods that they're giving away. It's more specific, simple and convenient than Craigslist because you won't be sifting through hundreds of posts just to find out that the location of that treasured picture frame you spotted online isn't actually in your city but really miles and miles away.
What's more, there's also a tagging system so that users know who's following the rules on Ditto and who's not in an effort to increase accountability on both ends. For instance, if you're accepted to receive someone's vintage pair of sunglasses and you're a now show, that person can mark you so that other donors will be in the know. The site is currently only available in the UK.
Ditto is an Online Platform Fostering Collaborative Consumption in the UK
1. Collaborative Consumption - Ditto's online platform promotes collaborative consumption by allowing users to browse and obtain free items from others.
2. Streamlined Online Marketplaces - Ditto offers a more specific and convenient alternative to traditional online marketplaces, eliminating the need to sift through countless posts.
3. Accountability and Transparency - Ditto's tagging system enhances accountability by allowing users to identify and report individuals who do not follow the platform's rules.
1. Online Marketplaces - Ditto's platform disrupts the online marketplace industry by offering a streamlined and location-specific browsing experience.
2. Sharing Economy - Ditto contributes to the sharing economy by facilitating the exchange of free goods and promoting sustainable consumption.
3. Community-based Platforms - Ditto's online platform fosters a sense of community and trust among users by promoting transparency and accountability.