Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse is celebrating his 90th anniversary in the upcoming month and to honor the date, Disney and Opening Ceremony worked in collaboration on a new capsule. The new collection is a part of the fashion label's Fall 2018 offerings and it is full of aesthetics that stay true to its edgy style. The pieces really dive into nostalgic elements with design details that are directly drawn from Disney's archives. To add a personal touch, Leon of Opening Ceremony included his own drawings of Mickey Mouse.
Some pieces include mini dresses that have an A-line cut and mouse ears over the shoulder, dramatic taffeta items, faux fur coats with Mickey emblems and more. The pieces are available for purchase online at Opening Ceremony.
Disney and Opening Ceremony Shot a Lookbook at Toontown
1. Nostalgia-inspired Fashion - Emerging trend of incorporating nostalgic design details and elements from pop culture icons in fashion collections.
2. Collaboration Culture - Growing trend of brands collaborating with entertainment companies to create unique and limited-edition collections.
3. Personalized Designs - Rising trend of fashion labels including personal drawings or illustrations in their collections to add a unique touch.
1. Fashion Retail - Opportunity for fashion retailers to tap into the demand for nostalgia-inspired fashion by offering collections that incorporate design elements from pop culture icons.
2. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to collaborate with fashion labels and create limited-edition collections to celebrate milestones or anniversaries of iconic characters.
3. E-commerce - Opportunity for online retail platforms to showcase and sell limited-edition fashion collaborations, catering to the growing demand for unique and exclusive fashion items.