Dial 1298 is a service that originated in India since 2002. After receiving their respective medical training, the five founders of Dial 1298 came together after realizing that India was lacking in timely medical attention.
Dial 1298 is a social enterprise that allows individuals who live below the poverty line to afford timely and adequate health care as well. Since medical expenses -- including emergency medical services like paramedics and the ambulance – can be quite expensive, people can now dial “1298” on any landline or cell phone and be able to receive immediate medical care. Each ambulance truck is equipped with enough supplies for any emergency including basic and advanced life support.
With over 860 ambulance vehicles operating in Mumbai, Bihar, Punjab, Rajasthan and Kerala, the social business has been awarded the Times of India Social Impact Award by Ziqitza Health Care Limited in 2012.
Dial 1298 website
Dial 1298 Facebook
Dial 1298 Provides Emergency Medical Attention to Individuals
1. Mobile Healthcare Services - Opportunity for other countries to adopt similar mobile healthcare services to provide timely and affordable medical attention.
2. Social Enterprise - Disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create social enterprises that address healthcare needs of underserved populations.
3. Emergency Medical Services - Potential for innovative technology and solutions in the emergency medical services industry to improve response time and delivery of care.
1. Healthcare - Opportunity for healthcare providers and organizations to implement mobile healthcare services and improve accessibility to medical care.
2. Technology - Potential for technology companies to develop innovative solutions and platforms to support mobile healthcare services and emergency medical response.
3. Social Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity for social service organizations to address healthcare disparities and provide affordable medical attention to marginalized populations.