In addition to offering plenty of retail DHL ServicePoint locations for customers, DHL is introducing the very first mobile DHL Service Point in the shipping industry. The mobile pop-up store in Silver Spring, MD was inspired by the rise of pop-ups from the food and fashion industries and DHL saw an opportunity to create a similar experience focused on convenience.
The mobile, flexible shipping solution was created to increase accessibility, as it can be relocated to suit changes in local shipping as needed. Within the mobile shop, there are all of the necessary security and computer systems, plus supplies like bubble wrap, packing tape and DHL-branded boxes to help customers send out their packages. Soon, customers will also be able to pick up their parcels from the mobile location.
To support social distancing, the DHL ServicePoint also offers a Call Ahead service, which offers the benefit of reduced wait times and helps to save consumers a trip into a physical store.
Image Credit: DHL Express
The Mobile DHL Service Point is Unique in the Shipping Industry
1. Mobile Pop-up Stores - Creating mobile pop-up stores in various industries can provide convenient and flexible experiences for customers.
2. Adaptive Shipping Solutions - Developing shipping solutions that can easily be relocated to suit changes in local shipping needs can increase accessibility and efficiency.
3. Call Ahead Services - Implementing call ahead services can reduce wait times and provide a more convenient experience for customers.
1. Shipping - The shipping industry can benefit from adopting mobile pop-up stores to provide flexible and convenient services to customers.
2. Retail - The retail industry can explore the concept of mobile pop-up stores to offer unique shopping experiences and increase accessibility.
3. Logistics - The logistics industry can leverage adaptive shipping solutions to improve efficiency and adapt to changing shipping demands.