This summer Jimmy Choo will be launching a hip new Hunter Wellington rain boot. Company president Tamara Mellon said she was impressed by the number of edgy young girls--not to mention Kate Moss--wearing the Wellies at last year’s many rain and mud-laden music festivals.
The cool new Choo boot is of course rubber, but the material has been embossed with a chic crocodile pattern and has leopard print lining and gold buckle details. The galoshes will cost you about $400 and should be available by June 2009.
The fun black and white photographs with hits of color on the boots are from the Hunter boot website.
Couture Hunter Wellingtons by Jimmy Choo
1. Hip Rain Boots - The launch of a new hip rain boot by Jimmy Choo presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the footwear industry.
2. Embossed Rubber - The use of an embossed crocodile pattern on rubber rain boots suggests disruptive innovation opportunities for the materials and fashion industries.
3. Luxury Galoshes - The introduction of luxury galoshes with leopard print lining and gold buckle details opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for the rain boot market.
1. Footwear Industry - The trend of hip rain boots by Jimmy Choo can impact and disrupt the traditional footwear industry.
2. Materials Industry - The embossed rubber trend in rain boots presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the materials industry, particularly in the development of new textures and patterns.
3. Fashion Industry - The introduction of luxury galoshes with fashionable details like leopard print lining and gold buckles offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the fashion industry to reimagine rainwear.