Adding to the burgeoning line of life-saving technology, the knit alarm by Design Research Lab helps elderly patients call for help in cases of emergency.
The alarm is conveniently knitted into the cuff of the sweater, which has a motion sensor that can be activated simply by pulling on the cuff or by touching the upper chest of the cardigan with your wrist. LED lights are situated on the shoulders of the cardigan, which will also illuminate to signify that the emergency was triggered. Once the alarm is activated, it is connected to a Smartphone via a Bluetooth, which will be able to call the emergency number you have pre-programmed on your mobile phone. Design Research Lab not only created something that is unobtrusive but is also equally fashionable.
The clever addition of a life-saving device knitted into an adorable cardigan is an ingenuous technological advancement that may inspire future gadgets of the same nature.
The Knit Alarm by Design Research Lab Helps Protect Lives
1. Life-saving Knit Technology - Introducing wearable technology to clothing items can revolutionize the healthcare industry and potentially save lives.
2. Smart Clothing for Elderly Healthcare - Designing clothing items with healthcare technology can provide a discreet solution for elderly patients who require continuous monitoring.
3. Innovative Emergency Response Devices - The combination of motion sensors, LEDs and Bluetooth devices can create a range of innovative gadgets that can be used for emergency response situations.
1. Healthcare Technology - The integration of wearable technology into the healthcare industry can result in the creation of new and innovative medical devices.
2. Fashion and Textile Industry - The incorporation of technology into clothing items can lead to new and creative fashion designs that also have additional functionalities.
3. Consumer Electronics Industry - The development of wearable technology requires the use of consumer electronics components, creating a growing market for these products.