Converse shoes has just flipped the switch with the ‘Converse: Made By‘ app. Now you, the customer, can design your own pair of shoes and sell them over Facebook. Unlike previous customizeable clothing apps such as Nike's, this campaign not only gives you full control, but also allows you to let other people buy your design.
So what does this mean? That means that you can design a shoe as off-the-wall as you wish, post it on Facebook and then enable someone halfway across the world to buy it. This app is not yet live, but with Converse being home for over 40,000 fans on Facebook, this seems like a successful endeavor already. There are rumblings that ‘Converse: Made By‘ may even lead to users being able to open up their own online storefront to showcase their work.
‘Converse: Made By‘ Lets You Customize and Share Soles
1. User-designed Products - Opportunity for other companies to follow this trend and enable customers to create and sell their own designs.
2. Social Media Selling - Opportunity for social media platforms to introduce new ways of buying and selling products, like the 'Converse: Made By' app.
3. Online Storefronts - Opportunity for companies to create customizable storefronts for consumers to sell their products online.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The 'Converse: Made By' app is a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion and apparel companies to provide customers with user-designed products.
2. Social Media - The app is a disruptive innovation opportunity for social media companies to offer selling features to users, opening up a new way of buying and selling products.
3. E-commerce - The 'Converse: Made By' app is a disruptive innovation opportunity for e-commerce companies to create customizable storefronts for entrepreneurs to sell their own designs.