The new DELUXE Spring/Summer 2018 collection plays with the balance of formal apparel and casual wear by blending together tailored and skate looks. The Japanese label draws inspiration from a punk band based in Washington D.C., Bad Brains. The band embodies a laid-back, relaxed aesthetics and it is represented through the silhouettes such as spread collar shirts, light oversized trench coats, cropped work coats and t-shirts.
Bad Brain's slogans, "PMA" and "POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE" are imprinted across the bottom of the outerwear pieces alongside DELUXE's lightning bolt symbols. Some notable details of the DELUXE Spring/Summer 2018 collection include patches and pins such as a "DELUXE2003" embellishment on a t-shirt using Bad Brain's font. DELUXE's admiration for Jamaican ska and reggae makes it way onto the capsule's designs as well through checkerboard designs.
DELUXE Spring/Summer 2018 Takes Cues from a Washington Punk Band
1. Punk-inspired Fashion - Opportunities for fashion companies to create collections inspired by punk music and culture through clothing and accessories.
2. Hybrid Apparel - Opportunities for fashion labels to blend together sartorial and casual wear to create unique looks that cater to different styles.
3. Pop Culture-influenced Designs - Opportunities for fashion brands to draw inspiration from pop culture icons and movements such as punk rock to create new and engaging designs.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can look to punk music and culture for inspiration in creating new collections and designs for different consumer demographics.
2. Music Merchandise - The music industry can collaborate with fashion labels to create punk-inspired merchandise that complements their music releases and events.
3. Skateboarding - The skateboarding industry can incorporate punk rock elements into their brand and apparel designs to tap into a diverse and vibrant subculture.