The Auto Cannibalistic Table is basically a giant decomposing flower pot.
Made with paper egg cartons, herbs are planted inside the table, which ends up feeding you as well as providing you with a place to eat. The irony of this cannibal table is that the herbs end up eating the structure of the table as they grow, causing it to decompose.
While this recycled table is eco-friendly and unique, it obviously is not meant to last very long, leaving you table-less but with lots of tasty herbs!
The Auto Cannibalistic Table by Atema Architecture is Made with Egg Cartons
1. Eco-friendly Furniture - The trend of making furniture from recycled materials that decompose into useful products, providing eco-friendly solutions to furniture manufacturing industry.
2. Multi-purpose Furniture - The trend of designing furniture that can do more than one function, such as being a table and a planter at the same time, providing solutions to small spaces and urban living.
3. Indoor Vertical Garden - The trend of creating an indoor vertical garden that allows individuals to grow their own herbs inside their homes, promoting sustainable living and healthier lifestyles.
1. Sustainable Furniture - Furniture companies can explore producing eco-friendly furniture that can decompose into useful products, creating sustainable product solutions for consumers who are environmentally conscious.
2. Home and Garden - Retail companies dealing in garden equipment can expand their inventory to include indoor vertical gardens, aimed at consumers who live in small spaces and want to cultivate their own produce and herbs.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers have an opportunity to incorporate multi-purpose furniture such as tables that also function as planters into their designs, providing solutions for combining form and function for clients in areas with limited space.