Fashion photographer Dusan Jaukovic blends primitive tribal beauty with high fashion opulence in his stunning editorial, aptly titled Alter Native.
The precise and gorgeous styling by Jelena Malesevic pairs bare skin and minimal makeup with bold, natural flowers, jet black lace and dramatic hairpieces like decadent headdresses. The model is showcased against muted, natural backgrounds in this neo-tribal pictorial which effortlessly combines a raw and primitive aesthetic with high fashion glamor.
The series, despite the revelation of plenty of bare skin, displays a natural and raw sensuality without coming across as overtly sexual. The photograph of the model, her head bedecked in lilies, is reminiscent of Greco-Roman depictions of royalty. Indeed, there are glimpses of Bacchanalia in these compelling images, which seem to speak of wild freedom and our place in the natural world.
Dusan Jaukovic's 'Alter Native' Editorial Conjures up Raw Royalty
1. Neo-tribalism in Fashion Photography - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate native elements and raw aesthetics into their campaigns.
2. Natural Minimalism in Beauty Styling - Chance for beauty brands to create minimalist makeup looks that emphasize natural features and highlight accessories like hairpieces.
3. Elevated Florals in Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate bold, natural flowers into innovative designs and prints.
1. Fashion Design - Industry leaders can integrate Greco-Roman themes and neo-tribalism into their clothing and accessory collections.
2. Beauty Products - Companies can develop products that highlight natural beauty and feature hairpieces and bold floral accents.
3. Floral Design - Opportunity for floral designers to integrate innovative, fashion-forward elements into their arrangements and explore the intersection of nature and fashion.