The Dazed & Confused Korea March 2012 editorial may feature some fun and flirty fashion looks, but the paint-splattered faces steal the show. Clearly inspired by the colorful clothing designs, the beauty looks nevertheless take on a life of their own, giving the '60s-inspired wardrobe a playful modern twist.
Shot by New York-based photographer Yossi Michaeli, the Dazed & Confused Korea March 2012 editorial stars model Alyona Subbotina. The Kazakhstani beauty was styled by Martha Violante, who selected pretty pastel pieces from fashion labels such as Prada, Louis Vuitton and Alexander Wang. Hairstylist Amy Farid created a range of looks from blond beehives to black bobs while makeup artist Deanna Melluso create wildly colorful faces that are at once rockstar and artistic.
The Dazed & Confused Korea March 2012 Editorial Stars Alyona Subbotina
1. Painted-face Photography - Opportunity for photographers to explore innovative, artistic and avant-garde techniques in portrait photography.
2. Colorful Fashion Makeup - Chance for makeup artists to experiment with vibrant and unconventional makeup looks that complement fashion designs.
3. Playful Fashion Editorials - Potential for fashion publications to feature more whimsical and creative editorials that push boundaries and showcase unconventional beauty.
1. Fashion Photography - Emerging trend in fashion photography that involves incorporating unique and creative makeup looks into editorial shoots.
2. Beauty and Cosmetics - Opportunity for beauty brands to create and market products specifically designed to achieve bold and vibrant makeup looks.
3. Fashion Magazine Publishing - Industry sector that can tap into the trend of playful and artistic fashion editorials, attracting a younger, more artistic audience.