New Balance and Todd Snyder join forces once again to present a new version of the signature 990v3 sneaker model and it is entitled 'Dark Ale.' It boasts a colorway that resembles the name of the shoe, drawing inspiration from the brew and the natural rich hues.
In terms of the sneaker model's construction, it retains the same durable foundation that blends together support, comfort, and flexibility in a structure. The uppers are constructed from vegetable tanned leather materials, fused with micro-mesh and suede as well for lightweight components. It sits on top of a carbon fiber spring plate foundation and Encap technology in order to deliver support, bounce, and cushioning. The Dark Ale 990v3 sneakers are now available for purchase online.
New Balance's 990v3 Sneakers Boast a Makeover Entitled Dark Ale
1. Sneaker Colorway Inspired by Food and Beverages - There is a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for sneaker companies to collaborate with food and beverage brands and use their products as inspiration for sneaker designs.
2. Sustainable and Lightweight Sneaker Materials - As seen in the Dark Ale 990v3 sneakers, there is a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for sneaker companies to experiment with more sustainable and lightweight materials, such as vegetable-tanned leather and micro-mesh.
3. Performance-enhancing Sneaker Technology - The use of carbon fiber spring plates and Encap technology in the construction of the Dark Ale 990v3 sneakers highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the area of performance-enhancing sneaker technology.
1. Food and Beverage - Collaborating with sneaker companies to create limited edition sneaker designs inspired by their food and beverage offerings presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for the food and beverage industry.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Experimenting with new and sustainable materials and incorporating performance-enhancing technology in the construction of sneakers presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion and apparel industry.
3. Sports Equipment - Innovating new materials and performance-enhancing technology in sneakers can be used for more than just fashion, presenting a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for the sports equipment industry to create even more advanced athletic footwear.