After the finale of her Spring 2013 runway show, the young budding Greek designer announced the CURRENT/ELLIOTT x Mary Katrantzou collaboration for next season. Currently available for pre-order on Moda Operandi, the news broke shortly after the models of her couture line exited the catwalk. Katrantzou is known for her extensive use of graphic printed silk, so this jump to amalgamate with the popular denim company is an arena foreign to the haute couture creative director.
Katrantzou has collaborated with TOPSHOP and Longchamp in the past. Both collections sold out within minutes of their debut on their respective online retail sites. The recent CURRENT/ELLIOTT x Mary Katrantzou collaboration sports a mix of her Spring 2013 travel prints and muted blue hues.
Spring 2013 Welcomes the CURRENT/ELLIOTT x Mary Katrantzou Collaboration
1. Denim-couture Collaborations - Opportunities for high fashion designers to merge with popular denim companies and bring unique denim items to the market.
2. Graphic Print-inspired Denim Designs - The ability for denim companies to branch out from traditional denim materials and incorporate bold graphic prints into their designs, inspired by collaborations with graphic print designers like Mary Katrantzou.
3. Online Exclusive Fashion Collections - The trend of online retail sites debuting exclusive fashion collections is on the rise, allowing for unique collaborations and quick sell-outs.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers have the opportunity to create unique denim collections that merge high fashion with popular denim companies.
2. Textile - Denim companies can explore new materials such as graphic printed silk to incorporate into their designs.
3. Retail - Online retail sites are where exclusive collaborations like the CURRENT/ELLIOTT x Mary Katrantzou collection are able to sell out quickly and provide consumers with unique fashion products.