Macy's is looking at ways to prepare for the upcoming holiday season including curbside pickup capabilities. Creating curbside pickup capabilities will help the company manage the increase in crowds that occurs during that time of year. Jeff Gennette, the Macy's chairman, and CEO spoke about the rationale behind the service, "We’re working with our merchant and our marketing teams on options within the marketing calendar to reduce pressure points on big volume days.”
Gennette also indicated that curbside options can entice consumers who may not be comfortable walking into the store. Additionally, it provides a fast and flexible purchasing experience and can help reduce foot traffic in stores which can help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Macy's Will Use Curbside Pickup Capabilities for the Holiday Traffic
1. Curbside Pickup - Implementing curbside pickup capabilities can provide a convenient and contactless shopping experience, attracting customers and reducing foot traffic in stores.
2. Holiday Season Preparedness - Preparing for the holiday rush by offering innovative services like curbside pickup can help businesses efficiently manage increased crowds and improve customer satisfaction.
3. Flexibility in Retail - Introducing flexible purchasing options like curbside pickup allows retailers to adapt to changing consumer preferences and provide a safer shopping experience during uncertain times.
1. Retail - The retail industry can leverage curbside pickup capabilities to enhance customer convenience, reduce in-store congestion, and improve overall shopping experiences.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce companies can explore incorporating curbside pickup services as an additional delivery option, bridging the gap between online shopping and offline fulfillment.
3. Logistics and Supply Chain - The logistics and supply chain industry can benefit from the increased demand for curbside pickup by supporting retailers in streamlining their operations and optimizing last-mile delivery processes.