Pieke Bergmans, a Dutch designer, created a special edition of her Crystal virus series for Droog Design. Crystal Virus: Massive Infection (originally named 'The Last Supper') is a maple table that has had crystal vases burned into it to create amoeba-like marks that encompass the table's surface.
30 amorphous crystal forms that can double as vases invaded the table and were created on the tabletop by searing hot crystal bubbles into the wood. The defining black marks give the table its infectious image. Thus Bergmans Crystal Virus: Massive Infection turns something that should be considered destructive into functional art and design.
Pieke Bergman Spreads Crystal Virus for Droog Design
1. Crystal Virus Art - Opportunity for artists and designers to create unique and functional art pieces by incorporating crystal virus-like designs into various mediums.
2. Amorphous Tabletop Designs - Trend of using searing hot crystal bubbles to create organic and amoeba-like marks on tabletop surfaces, turning ordinary tables into stunning works of art.
3. Functional Destructive Design - Innovative approach of transforming destructive elements into functional and artistic designs, merging the boundaries between art and utility.
1. Furniture and Home Decor - Potential for furniture and home decor companies to incorporate crystal virus-like designs and amorphous tabletop designs into their products, offering unique and visually striking pieces for consumers.
2. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to explore the concept of functional destructive design, creating one-of-a-kind art pieces that challenge traditional notions of art and utility.
3. Craft and DIY - Emerging trend of DIY enthusiasts and craftsmen experimenting with crystal virus techniques to create personalized and customized pieces, adding a touch of artistic flair to their creations.