This cashmere sweater features a large black-crystal-detailed skull - combining the very soft and the very hard. Made by Libertine, this sweater sports extra long sleeves and a baggy fit. Frankly, I see a grey shirt with a skull and can't for the life of me justify the $2,500 USD price tag. Why write about it, then? I don't know.
Implications - It seems that today's consumer is fascinated with the macabre -- and designers are taking notice. Merging a skull with jewels, however, allows a brand to merge a popular theme without losing its message of opulence. Today's luxury brands must relax their hold on classic items and realize that following the ups and downs of pop culture and the fickle nature of consumers may be what ultimately brings success.
Crystal Cashmere Skull Sweater for $2500
1. Macabre Fashion - Incorporating macabre elements into fashion designs allows brands to tap into the fascination of today's consumers with the dark and mysterious.
2. Jewel-encrusted Designs - Merging jewelry and fashion through designs like crystal-detailed skulls offers a way for luxury brands to combine popular themes with opulence.
3. Pop Culture Influences - Luxury brands need to stay in tune with pop culture trends and adapt their classic items to cater to the ever-changing preferences of consumers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore macabre elements and jewelry-encrusted designs to capture the attention of today's consumer.
2. Luxury Goods - Incorporating popular culture influences into luxury designs can help brands stay relevant and connect with the preferences of their target market.
3. Pop Culture Merchandise - By embracing the fascination with macabre themes, brands can create merchandise that resonates with consumers who are drawn to dark aesthetics.