RIND is an all-new cruelty-free cheese brand that is set to launched in select restaurants throughout New York as of next year. The vegan cheese brand is now testing ripened cheese flavors made using a traditional process that has ancient microbes to break down fats, proteins, and sugars.
RIND is a new collaborative venture from Joshua Katcher, the founder of vegan fashion brand Brave Gentleman and vegan tattoo shop owner Dina DiCenso.
Although RIND has developed a plant-based blend of flavors that will appeal to those who love classic brie, Camembert and blue cheeses, Katcher notes that: "our cheese isn’t just an ‘alternative, we think it’s fantastic in its own right.” As the brand sees it, the global market for plant-based cheese is only set to grow in the next decade and it wants to satisfy a demand for "bloomy, European-style, aged, plant-based cheeses."
Image Credit: Instagram
'RIND' Makes Plant-Based, Cruelty-Free "Cheese" in a European Style
1. Plant-based Cheese - There is a growing demand for a plant-based cheese that tastes great and is accessible to all consumers.
2. Cruelty-free Products - Consumers are increasingly interested in products that do not harm animals and are produced in an ethical and sustainable way.
3. Ancient Microbes - Innovative production methods that use ancient microbes to break down fats, proteins, and sugars could revolutionize the plant-based cheese industry.
1. Plant-based Food - The plant-based food industry has the potential to disrupt the traditional dairy industry and cater to consumers who are looking for healthier and more sustainable options.
2. Luxury Food - The luxury food industry could tap into the growing demand for vegan and cruelty-free options by developing premium plant-based cheese products.
3. Fashion and Tattoo Industry - The fashion and tattoo industry could collaborate to create more ethical and sustainable brands that cater to consumers who are interested in vegan and cruelty-free products.