Whoa Nelly, hold onto your aprons because Crosby's 'Bake it like Grandma' campaign is throwing some serious Freudian slips into this marketing food fight.
The print ads feature an array of your typical elderly women looking cute and quaint, but the quotes offered underneath their coy grins tell a totally different story. The lines like "Grandma was never shy about experimenting with her brownie," are packed with such sexual innuendos that'll make you choke on your freshly homemade cheesebread. Even the quick cooking-show-style clips that have viral video potential star silver-haired seniors tossing out offside quips like seasoned seductresses.
The Crosby's 'Bake it like Grandma' campaign is pointed and provocative, banking on the campaigning constant that sex sells, no matter what the age!
The Crosby's 'Bake it Like Grandma' Campaign Serves Up Shock
1. Provocative Advertising - Creating advertisements that provoke or shock the audience can attract attention and generate interest.
2. Elderly Humor - Humorous marketing campaigns that feature elderly people can appeal to a wider demographic and create a memorable brand image.
3. Viral Video Marketing - Creating quick, memorable video clips that have the potential to go viral can increase brand awareness and engagement.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Innovative and provocative advertising campaigns can help companies in the food and beverage industry stand out and gain an edge over competitors.
2. Marketing and Advertising Industry - More and more companies are turning to provocative advertising to draw attention in an oversaturated market, which presents an opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to come up with disruptive and unique campaigns.
3. Entertainment Industry - Senior citizen humor has the potential to be a hit in the entertainment industry as it can appeal to a demographic that is typically underrepresented in mainstream media and create new opportunities for comedic content.