There is something at once muted and vibrant about the Costume Norway 'Colorama' cover shoot. Although the title brings people's attention to the brightly colored outfits showcased throughout, the basic backdrops and retro accents make them appear more subtle than they actually are. In fact, it is almost as though the photoshoot shows how to work with color in a tasteful way.
Shot by photographer Mikael Schulz, the Costume Norway 'Colorama' cover shoot stars model Mona Johannesson. Set to appear in the February 2013 issue of the magazine, the Swedish beauty was outfitted by stylist Mette Mortensen, who decided to feature pieces from the likes of Acne, Carven, Mulberry and Maria Black. Hairstylist Peter Johansson complemented the looks with pasty purple hair.
The Costume Norway 'Colorama' Editorial Stars Mona Johannesson
1. Pasty-purple Hair Trend - The Pasty-Purple Hair Trend is an opportunity for cosmetic companies to launch a new line of hair dyes and salons to offer trend-inspired hairstyles.
2. Retro-inspired Color Trend - The Retro-Inspired Color Trend is an opportunity for fashion designers to infuse nostalgic aesthetics in modern clothing lines.
3. Muted-colored Outfit Trend - The Muted-Colored Outfit Trend is an opportunity for retailers to cater to customers who prefer bold color palettes in more subtle and understated tones.
1. Fashion Industry - The trends showcased in the photoshoot can inspire the fashion industry to create retro-inspired clothing blocks and muted-colored clothing and accessories lines.
2. Cosmetics Industry - The Pasty-Purple Hair Trend can inspire the cosmetics industry to launch a new line of hair dyes and beauty products designed to achieve the unique hair color.
3. Photography Industry - The use of retro-inspired aesthetics and subdued-colored backdrops can inspire photographers to adopt a new style and offer clients a fresh perspective.