The art series Cosmographies by Carlos Romo Melgar seems to question what is more important, a map of the world or a map of one’s life. Ever since Google Maps and Google Earth became one of the main sources (if not the main source) for directions, a slew of other maps started popping up here and there as artistic renditions, alternatives or even spoofs. None of them are as personal as Cosmographies by Carlos Romo Melgar. Granted, these maps are specifically personal to the artist himself.
Basically, Cosmographies by Carlos Romo Melgar details all of the important landmarks that have popped up over the course of his life. From favorite places to his own movements, they are like hybrids between maps and infographics. The areas of import are flagged with speech bubbles that are filled with comments Melgar has heard or experienced over the years there.
Cosmographies by Carlos Romo Melgar is Like a Graphic Bio
1. Artistic Map Renditions - Creating artistic renditions of maps is becoming a popular trend, allowing for personalization and unique perspectives.
2. Map and Infographic Hybrids - Blending maps and infographics is a trend that offers creative ways to visualize personal experiences and landmarks.
3. Personalized Mapping - Using maps to document and visually represent personal milestones and significant places is a growing trend.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the trend of creating personalized map art to offer unique and meaningful pieces to consumers.
2. Technology - Developers and innovators in technology can create platforms or tools that allow individuals to easily create personalized map and infographic hybrids.
3. Tourism and Travel - The tourism and travel industry can leverage the trend of personalized mapping to offer customized experiences and services to travelers, based on their unique preferences and landmarks.