The Contributor Magazine Spring/Summer 2012 photoshoot, featuring models Linnea Regnander and Ellinore Erichsen, does an excellent job of showcasing a futuristic take on fashion. Gilded eyebrow jewels and an assortment of glitter has been used here to give off an otherworldly, if not robotic, vibe.
This Cotributor Magazine editorial was executed by photographer Peter Gehrke. Gehrke's ability to stray away from the mainstream is readily apparent here, especially given the expert way in which he blurred both Regnander and Erichsen's faces. And while the images do have a certain hazy quality about them, they are at the same time notably sharp with attention to the production's use of sterling silver tresses, reflective eye shadows and elongated nails amid the embossed snakeskin-esque backdrop.
The Contributor Magazine Spring/Summer 2012 Gehrke Shoot is Futuristic
1. Futuristic Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate gilded eyebrow jewels, glitter, and metallic elements to create avant-garde, futuristic designs.
2. Robotic Beauty - Potential for beauty companies to explore the use of reflective eye shadows and elongated nails to achieve a futuristic, robotic aesthetic.
3. Blurred Faces Photography - Emerging trend in photography where blurring the faces of models creates an intriguing and mysterious visual appeal.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can leverage futuristic aesthetics and incorporate elements like gilded eyebrow jewels and metallic fabrics to stay ahead of the curve.
2. Beauty - Beauty industry can capitalize on the trend of reflective eye shadows and elongated nails to create innovative robotic-inspired makeup looks.
3. Photography - Photography industry has an opportunity to experiment with blurring the faces of models to create unique and visually captivating images.