Columbia Canuk boots are designed for the harshest possible conditions. As far as clothing is concerned, winter outwear needs to be the hardiest of all the seasons. The Columbia Canuks are up to the challenge of that icy weather, with soles designed by Michelin, the tire manufacturer.
Columbia has plenty of experience in creating warm and strong winter clothing, which contributes to the warmth and dryness that the Columbia Canuks deliver. However, in fitting the boot with a sole, Columbia collaborated with a company that deals with even harsher traction issues: those on the tires of cars.
Michelin's treads are made with 'Ice Control.' This system uses slip-resistant rubber and a specially designed tread shape that tightly grips any surface.
Columbia Canuk Boots Have Soles Made by Michelin
1. Winter Outwear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop advanced materials and technologies for enhanced insulation, warmth, and durability in winter outerwear.
2. Traction Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Create innovative traction solutions for footwear, incorporating slip-resistant rubber and unique tread shapes for improved grip on any surface.
3. Collaborative Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Foster collaborations between clothing manufacturers and tire manufacturers to combine expertise and create high-performance winter boots with superior traction.
1. Apparel Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Integrate advanced materials and technologies into the production of winter outerwear, enhancing performance and functionality.
2. Footwear Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Introduce cutting-edge traction technologies and materials in the production of footwear, providing superior grip on various surfaces.
3. Automotive Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Explore the application of slip-resistant rubbers and tread designs from tires to other industries like footwear, enabling safer mobility in different environments.