As much as technological advances have made it possible for many jobs to be carried out from virtually anywhere in the world, collaboration apps and tools have struggled to bring people together in a way that authentically replicates a face-to-face interaction. 'Spatial' hopes to change this with its augmented reality conference room app, which lets people use the natural space around them and turn it into an augmented workspace.
Rather than being stuck within the limitations of an audio or video conference call, users are able to seamlessly collaborate with one another, as well as share content as if they were in the same room. A key part of what makes Spatial successful is the inclusion of photorealistic avatars, which have articulated hands and arms.
'Spatial' Enhances the Conference Room Experience with Augmented Reality
1. Augmented Reality Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing advanced AR collaboration apps that allow users to seamlessly work together and share content as if they were in the same room.
2. Spatial Computing - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating more immersive spatial computing experiences that enhance collaboration and productivity.
3. Photorealistic Avatars - Disruptive innovation opportunities include improving photorealistic avatar technology to create more realistic and engaging virtual interactions.
1. Technology - Technology companies can capitalize on the growing demand for AR collaboration apps and spatial computing experiences.
2. Communication and Collaboration Tools - Companies in the communication and collaboration tools industry can explore partnerships or develop their own AR collaboration apps and spatial computing platforms.
3. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - VR/AR companies can focus on improving photorealistic avatar technology for more immersive virtual interactions and collaboration experiences.