Codding Critters is a collection of toys by Learning Resources. Each product is geared toward teaching kids the early concepts of STEM. The approach of these educational toys is based on a screen-free storybook, in combination with small pet toys.
Kids are tasked with solving various coding challenges in the book that help the critters navigate objects. Moreover, the Coding Critters also double "as cute interactive pets," when they are set to 'Play Mode.' Here, kids can "feed, pet, and take care" of the critters.
Learning Resources makes these tiny, adorable pets available in kits that cost between $7.99 and $39.99. With a total of eight different iterations of Coding Critters, three of them are award-winning. These include the 'Rumble & Bumble,' the 'Ranger & Zip,' and the 'Scamper & Sneaker' sets.
Image Credit: Learning Resources
Learning Resources' Coding Critters are Ideal for Kids, Ages Four Until 10
1. Interactive STEM Toys for Kids - There is an opportunity for the creation of more interactive STEM toys that allow kids not only to learn and experiment with coding but also interact with the toy as a pet
2. Screen-free Educational Toys for Kids - More screen-free educational toys that combine physical toys and storybooks can be created to promote early childhood education
3. Gamification of Learning for Kids - There is room for the development of more educational toys that gamify the learning process to make it more engaging for kids
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can invest more in the development of STEM-based educational toys for kids that promote interactive and engaging learning experiences
2. Education Industry - The education industry can incorporate more screen-free educational toys into the classroom to promote early childhood education and make learning more interactive
3. Digital Gaming Industry - The digital gaming industry can create more games and educational content that gamifies the learning process to make it fun and engaging for kids