Plastic has quickly become an unwanted material as the amount of plastic waste continues to increase in our environment, so brands are taking steps to change this as seen with the new Clipper Teas tea bag packaging.
The tea bags are reported by the brand to the the worlds first plastic-free variety that are made with unbleached materials that are also non-GMO. The plant-based material is achieved with a blend of plant cellulose fibers, abaca and biodegradable thermoplastic PLA to make them a more natural option to choose.
The new Clipper Teas tea bag packaging was explained by Wessanen UK CEO, Emma Vass, who said, "We believe in making ethical and sustainable choices and want to provide the best products for both our consumers and the world we live in. Having worked tirelessly to find a completely natural, non-GM solution, it is fantastic to see the new tea bags now in full production. As a brand, Clipper is all about the joy that comes with each and every cup of tea – and we believe the purest joy comes with a clear conscience."
Clipper Teas Tea Bags are the World's First Plastic-Free Variety
1. Plastic-free Packaging - Brands are developing innovative packaging solutions that eliminate the use of plastic, offering more sustainable alternatives.
2. Plant-based Materials - Companies are exploring the use of plant cellulose fibers and biodegradable thermoplastic PLA to create eco-friendly packaging materials.
3. Ethical and Sustainable Choices - Consumers are increasingly demanding products that align with their values, prompting brands to prioritize ethical and sustainable practices.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can explore plastic-free packaging alternatives to meet consumer demands for sustainable products.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry has an opportunity to develop innovative solutions using plant-based materials to reduce environmental impact.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods brands can differentiate themselves by offering products that prioritize ethical and sustainable choices for environmentally conscious consumers.