The City Desk by Susana Martinez is the sort of piece that you certainly would not want to push up against a wall. This workstation has been designed to sit someplace in the middle of a room, providing its very own privacy partition and a beautiful two-faced design.
Ideally, one might approach this furnishing from the rear so that its gorgeous wooden panel is in full view. This expansive piece seems to have been sliced from the core of a very old tree trunk, maintaining uneven edges and exposing its natural wood grain patterns and varying timber tones.
But counterbalancing this organic feature of the City Desk is an industrial opposite side. This an extruded writing surface of lacquered metal, supported by a frames and enhanced with a shelf, a cubby and a built-in floor lamp.
The City Desk by Susana Martinez Juxtaposes Natural and Industrial
1. Nature-inspired Workstations - Opportunity for furniture designers to incorporate natural elements into office furniture designs.
2. Dual-faced Furniture - An opportunity to create furniture that is multi-functional and has a unique design that comes with two sides.
3. Privacy Partitions - Opportunity for designers to create furniture that provides privacy in open-plan workspaces.
1. Furniture Design - Designers should consider using this trend in their office furniture designs.
2. Office Supplies - Manufacturers can provide complementary products to enhance the functionality of furniture pieces like this.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers should consider incorporating dual-faced furniture in their projects to add a unique design element.