Indie film distribution company Cinedigm has announced the launch of a cinephile-oriented streaming service called 'Cineverse.' According to the company, the new service aims to fill the "gaps" in other major services' libraries. In addition, the service will function using a free ad-supported (AVOD) business model rather than a subscription-based model (SVOD).
According to the company, the service will feature over 46,000 VOD films and TV shows, as well as a handful of specific FAST channels. This wide-ranging array of content will include full channel offerings including Fandor, Crime Hunters, Screambox, and others. Notable film titles offered on Cineverse include 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,' 'Highlander,' and Bruce Lee's classic 'Fist of Fury.' The service will be offered on all Roku, Android, and iOS apps.
Image Credit: Cinedigm
Cinedigm Launches Cineverse to Fill the "Gaps" of Major Streamers
1. AVOD Streaming - The rise of AVOD streaming services that offer free content with ads presents an opportunity for companies to reach wider audiences and generate revenue through targeted advertising.
2. Niche Content Libraries - The development of niche streaming services that offer specific types of content not found on larger platforms allows for increased competition and differentiation in the streaming industry.
3. FAST Channels - FAST (Free Ad-Supported Television) channels, which offer linear programming with ads, provide opportunities for companies to monetize their content and appeal to viewers who prefer a traditional TV experience.
1. Streaming Services - The growing popularity of streaming services, paired with the increase in available content and new delivery models such as AVOD and FAST, presents opportunities for companies to disrupt the streaming market.
2. Indie Film Distribution - Smaller, independent film distribution companies can leverage specialized content libraries and targeted marketing efforts to reach niche audiences and compete with larger streaming platforms.
3. Targeted Advertising - As streaming services increasingly rely on ad revenue, the development of new advertising technologies and strategies presents opportunities for companies to disrupt the advertising industry and offer more effective targeting options for advertisers.