As Christopher Bailey, or better yet "the outgoing architect of the Burberry universe," is resigning from his position to spend time with his family, Vogue pays him tribute through a cheerful editorial that showcases the LGBTQ+ community member and his outstanding achievements.
The photoshoot features rainbow designs from the fashion architect's final Burberry show that supported three LGBTQ+ youth charities with "hefty donations." Among recognizable faces like Cara Delevingne, the editorial also shows Christopher Bailey, his husband Simon Woods and their two daughters.
By 2014 Christopher was the "first openly gay CEO of a FTSE 100 company" and his dedication and advocacy to equal rights and acceptance in one of the loudest in the community. Supporting a worthy cause, Christopher Bailey is truly an inspiration in the fashion industry.
Photo Credits: Paul Wetherell
Vogue Highlights Christopher Bailey's Achievements with Burberry
1. LGBTQ+ Advocacy - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating inclusive and diverse fashion campaigns that celebrate and support the LGBTQ+ community.
2. Charitable Partnerships - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in forming collaborations between fashion brands and nonprofit organizations, using fashion as a platform for social impact.
3. Family-centric Leadership - There are disruptive innovation opportunities in promoting a family-friendly work environment and supporting work-life balance for leaders in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has the opportunity to drive social change by championing LGBTQ+ rights and diverse representation.
2. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations can explore collaborations with fashion brands to raise awareness and funds for important causes, such as LGBTQ+ youth charities.
3. Workplace Development - Businesses can focus on creating family-friendly work environments and supporting work-life balance for leaders and employees in the fashion industry.