Talented artist and illustrator Paul Robertson created these fun character drawings that feature various familiar animated faces from a wide variety of television shows and films. The images are done in a pixelated 8-bit style inspired by the Bubble Booble arcade game by Taito.
Robertson cleverly infuses various drawing styles in his graphic illustrations. The images infused popular characters into the iconic Taito pixelated look. Characters like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sailor Moon, Mario, the Simpsons, Power Rangers and Shrek have all been transformed into retro-looking 8-bit video game personas. The characters are lined up against a bright magenta purple background. If you'd like to check out more of Robertson's illustrations, you can find them up on his Tumblr blog.
Paul Robertson's Character Drawings Depict Many Familiar Faces
1. Pixelated Character Illustrations in Art - Explore the use of pixelated 8-bit style in character illustrations, providing a nostalgic and retro visual aesthetic.
2. Infusing Popular Characters in Art - Discover the trend of incorporating well-known animated characters into various art styles, creating unique and recognizable illustrations.
3. Influences From Video Games in Art - Uncover the use of video game aesthetics, such as the iconic Taito pixelated look, to bring a nostalgic feel to contemporary art.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can embrace the trend of pixelated character illustrations to create visually appealing and nostalgic artwork.
2. Entertainment and Media - The entertainment and media industry can utilize the trend of infusing popular characters in art to create merchandise and promotional materials that resonate with fans.
3. Gaming and Technology - The gaming and technology industry can leverage the influences from video games in art to create immersive gaming experiences and interactive digital content.