Perrier-Jouet Champagne, which usually sells for $1,275 a bottle, has gotten even pricier; they've created a new limited edition bubbly for billionaires!
They took a bunch of sugar and wines from a special region and jugged it up and will be selling it for an outrageous $6,485 a bottle. The first bottles go on sale after a glamorous launch event at the Opera Garnier in Paris on March 20.
"The bubbly is tailor-made through the addition of a liqueur, a combination of sugar and wines from different years," according to the International Herald Tribune.
"Buyers will also be offered an haute cuisine dinner and an overnight stay at Perrier-Jouet's Belle-Epoque mansion in Epernay, east of Paris, that is home to 200 pieces of original modern art."
Oh well now, doesn't this just pop your cork?
They would prefer you buy a box set of 12 for $78,944. But with the US investment markets tanking, setting aside the box for a few years might be a wise investment - if it doesn't turn to vinegar. Hey, there's risk everywhere.
Limited Edition Perrier-Jouet (Update)
1. Luxury Food and Drinks - The trend in offering a luxury experience through food and drinks is growing, which create opportunities for innovation in creating high-end dining experiences and premium products.
2. Experiential Marketing - The trend in offering exclusive and personalized experiences to buyers present vast opportunities for marketing strategies, particularly with high-end products and services.
3. Ultra-high-net-worth Individuals - The trend in catering to Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individuals presents opportunities for the creation of premium products and services to the super-rich market segment.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can take advantage of the trend in offering a luxury experience by creating unique, high-end dining and accommodation experiences.
2. Fine Dining - The fine dining industry can leverage the trend by creating a premium menu and dining experience for discerning customers who seek a luxurious dining experience.
3. Alcoholic Beverages - The alcoholic beverages industry can innovate by launching exclusive collections like limited-edition wines, rare whiskeys, and premium champagnes for the ultra-high-net-worth individuals market segment.