Organic design often relies upon an element of artificial representation, but when it comes to objects like the Chair Omago, this certainly does not make it any less beautiful or biological. In fact, it's the crisp conception of this creative piece which makes it an exquisite artistic collaboration between man and Earth.
Designer Milos Jovanovic was inspired by the complex patterns found within the wings of butterflies and the arteries of leaves. The intricacy and the delicacy of these forms has been executed elegantly in this lovely lumber chair.
Wooden veneer sheets measuring just 1 centimeter thick were moulded into two flimsy shapes, mirroring each other to construct a finely curving seat and backrest. One Chair Omago takes the skeletal appearance of a crunchy fallen leaf, while the other only reveals its ornate latticework from behind.
The Chair Omago is Inspired by Nature's Intricate Details
1. Organic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to incorporate natural elements and patterns into design to create visually stunning and biologically inspired products.
2. Artistic Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster more collaborations between designers and nature, leveraging the intricate beauty and patterns found in the natural world to create unique and captivating designs.
3. Minimalist Woodwork - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative techniques to create intricate designs using thin wooden veneer sheets, opening up possibilities for creating lightweight and eco-friendly furniture pieces.
1. Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate organic design principles and natural patterns into furniture design to create visually captivating and environmentally friendly products.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate elements of organic design and artistic collaborations into interior design to create unique and aesthetically pleasing spaces.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore innovative manufacturing techniques to produce intricately designed furniture using eco-friendly materials and processes.