Bungalows offer many benefits, but height is their obvious detraction; Casa ED&JO, a new home designed by architecture studio NOARQ, manages to upend that point with a creative and illusory design concept. The home features a curved, swooping roof that gently reaches upward, giving a sense of vertical expansion despite the home's single storey.
Casa ED&JO was built for a single family in Vila Nova de Famalicao, a small town to the north of Porto. The home certainly isn't small, with a basement area that can be accessed from the ground level if entering from the rear of the home. However, the ascending roof design helps to add a sense of height and grandeur to the front of the home, which was seen as important considering the appearances of the other buildings in the well-heeled neighborhood.
Image Credit: João Morgado
Casa ED&JO has a Curvilinear Roof
1. Curvilinear Roof Designs - Explore innovative and visually striking roof designs that create an illusion of height and grandeur in single-storey buildings.
2. Vertical Expansion in Bungalows - Discover creative architectural solutions that give a sense of vertical expansion in traditionally low-height buildings.
3. Illusory Home Design Concepts - Embrace the use of illusory design concepts to transform the appearance and perceived size of residential properties.
1. Architecture and Construction - The architecture and construction industry can leverage curvilinear roof designs to create unique and visually appealing structures.
2. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can explore architectural solutions that enhance the visual appearance and value of bungalows by adding a sense of vertical expansion.
3. Home Design and Renovation - Designers and renovators can adopt illusory design concepts to create stunning transformations in residential properties, making them appear larger and more impressive.