Sustainable knitwear brand Sheep Inc. introduces its new carbon-negative hoodie design. The sweater design removes CO2 from the atmosphere more than it takes to manufacture the item. It starts off at the raw material stage, collecting merino wool from three regenerating sheep stations located in New Zealand.
It uses progressive land management to feed and graze in order to create the wool. It is then processed across Europe at solar-powered locations this is followed by a chlorine-free treatment known as 'Eternity X-Care." In the last couple of stages, the brand uses a solar-powered knitter from Portugal as well as the inaugural carbon-neutral logistics partner in the UK. The application of the Merino wool creates a self-cleansing ability and no odor retentions.
Image Credit: Sheep Inc
Sheep Inc. Continues to Innovate with a New Sustainable Sweater
1. Carbon-negative Apparel - Sheep Inc.'s carbon-negative hoodie demonstrates a trend towards sustainable and environmentally friendly clothing options.
2. Regenerative Agriculture - The use of merino wool from regenerating sheep stations in New Zealand highlights a trend towards regenerative agriculture practices.
3. Green Supply Chain - The solar-powered and carbon-neutral logistics partner in the UK reflects a trend towards more sustainable and eco-friendly supply chain practices.
1. Sustainable Fashion - Sheep Inc.'s carbon-negative hoodie is an example of disruptive innovation opportunities in the sustainable fashion industry.
2. Agriculture - The use of regenerating sheep stations in New Zealand highlights opportunities for disruptive innovation in regenerative agriculture practices.
3. Logistics and Transportation - The use of carbon-neutral logistics partners demonstrates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the logistics and transportation industry in terms of eco-friendly practices.