Canvas is a computer design by Kyle Cherry for the 21-century designer and artist. Canvas incorporates both modern and traditional design techniques into a computer that will improve the quality and productivity of any designer's creative work.
The Canvas PC allows an artist or designer to use the PC with little to no training by making the PC experience seem natural and familiar to a non digital designers or artists.
Implications - With so many new products emerging each day, consumers are looking for the ones that cater specifically to them. Items featuring some kind of personal detail are appealing to those who want to feel a closer connection to their purchases. Companies trying to increase their appeal could focus on this aspect of personalization.
1. Personalized Products - Companies could focus on personalization to increase appeal and cater to specific consumer needs.
2. User-friendly Technology - Creating technology that is intuitive and requires little to no training can attract non-digital designers and artists.
3. Incorporating Traditional Design Techniques - By combining modern and traditional design techniques, innovative products can enhance the quality and productivity of creative work.
1. Technology Hardware - The Canvas PC is an example of how technology hardware can be designed to cater to the needs of artists and designers, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity in the market.
2. Creative Tools and Software - The Canvas PC highlights the demand for user-friendly creative tools and software, presenting an opportunity for disruptive innovation in this industry.
3. Product Personalization - The appeal of personalized products, like the Canvas PC, indicates an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the product customization and personalization industry.